Now hiring for creative agency positions (Chicago)
Account Director / Planner Are you experienced in all aspects of print and digital project management?
An Account Manager / Director with design firm / marketing communications client experience?
Do you possess the ability to direct new business acquisition activities?
We invest in our team: there are no ceilings here!
This is a full-time position. Perks include Retirement Plan, Health / dental coverage, and continuing education for professional development.
The Account Director will be responsible for:
- Creating and executing work plans
- Media planning and stewardship
- Directing media vendors, verifying their performance and optimizing with strategic analysis
- Managing changing client needs and requirements
- Day-to-day management and delivery of projects to clients
- Planning and identifying resource needs throughout the project
- Actively working with the team to manage work assignments and deliverables
- Reviewing deliverables prepared by the team before passing on for review to owners and/or to client
- Upholding high standards throughout the project, related to accuracy, consistency, on-time execution and delivery, communication and more
- Following project flow procedures that have been established: approval forms, print specifications, client sign-offs, layout version numbering, server filing, etc.
- Providing support for new business acquisition
Collaborate on project scope definition; budgeting; scheduling; client documentation
- Collaborate with project teams on planning and project strategy
- Manage all aspects of design, production, and project management
- Prepare strategy and design documents; client communications; project status reporting; editing and proofreading; quality assurance; project file organization
- Oversee execution of print and digital projects
- Plan and maintain daily management of creative team’s workflows
- Track and report team hours and expenses, manage project budgets and reports
- Build a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
- Manage day-to-day client interaction; set and manage client expectations
- Develop lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client loyalty
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions; Facilitate client meetings effectively
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen relationships
- Support for new business presentations, proposal writing, estimating
- Write proposals varying from one page for quick turnaround projects to team efforts of 100+ pages including gaining clarification of scope, describing deliverables, writing case studies, gathering estimates and references, preparing large budgets, creating schedules, and satisfying complex documentation requirements for RFPs
- Field phone calls, send information packets to prospective clients
- We expect resourcefulness and initiative in learning and managing, as we are a branding company that continually – and fearlessly – ventures into new territories, such as digital marketing analytics, media purchasing, etc.
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years experience managing projects in a creative agency environment
- Digital and traditional media planning/managing experience required
- Excellent skills in Mac-based Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; use of social media for business goals
- General understanding in the areas of digital marketing, user experience, creative design, and website architecture
- Digital marketing experience essential: Google Analytics, SEM, Social Media, Display Ad, placement, etc.
To apply, email the following to email@example.com; in the subject line, please put “yourname_AccountDirector”:
1. Resume with relevant experience
2. Cover letter explaining your skills and why you are a perfect fit for the position
3. Professional References (3)
4. Examples of the tools you’ve used to manage projects
Studio V Design is looking for a Director of New Business with Medical Product/Healthcare experience to grow our client base. The ideal candidate understands the Marketing Communications business and can identify promising prospect companies, evaluate opportunities, nurture new relationships and turn prospects into clients.
- has marketing experience in a large medical product or healthcare-related company
- can identify issues in the industries we’re targeting, research prospects and make recommendations to us
- is able to vet prospects and arrange appropriate appointments
- demonstrates experience researching and qualifying prospects, and developing dynamic presentations to showcase capabilities
- has created content with relevant industry insights and information, for ongoing communications with prospects
- is embedded in the med/tech industry (professional groups, etc.)
- is super-current on the latest marketing tools (digital and traditional) and has experience moving prospects through the sales funnel
- is bright, energetic, curious, tech-savvy, innovative, an independent problem-solver and completely on top of current market trends
- has communication skills that will help us build relationships with prospective clients
- wants to maintain a sharp edge in business development, but prefers the advantages of a shorter work week and flexible, creative work environment
- Set up and maintain a database for new business development
- Research prospect companies and their industries
- Help us establish criteria for evaluating potential prospects
- Evaluate each opportunity and qualify each new prospect
- Establish and nurture a target prospect "hot list"
- Create and manage a schedule for contacting qualified prospects and keeping us visible to them
- Develop a system of marketing materials and points-of-contact that keep us visible to prospects
- Prepare and send out regular marketing communications, industry-specific insights and sample promo packages
- Create and manage ongoing communications to use with prospects (newsletters, blogs, email campaigns, etc.)
- Develop communications highlighting our new projects, awards, and newsworthy events
- Recommend new, innovative approaches and promotions
- Keep the prospect pipeline filled and move prospects forward through the sales funnel
- Direct owners to join appropriate professional organizations, industry meetings and events that could be good for high level exposure
- Create opportunities for owners to maintain regular contact with prospects
- Provide a schedule and appropriate content for the owners to use in contacting prospects
- Brainstorm appropriate pitch approaches and create pitch presentations
- Prepare presentations; research and prepare appropriate materials and leave-behinds
- Assist in writing proposals and responding to RFPs
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years experience managing and developing new business accounts; experience in medical / healthcare product management or marketing
- Excellent skills in Mac-based Microsoft programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; excellent online research skills
- Experience using MailChimp and BaseCamp or equivalent
- Database experience
- Resume with relevant experience
- Cover letter with examples of results you've achieved, plans you have created
- Description of systems, software, processes or tools you've used for this kind of activity
Join Studio V Design
For 25 years Studio V Design has created marketing communications for midsize to large organizations across the country. Our alchemy of smart business and powerful creative helps clients grow and reach their strategic objectives.
You'll work in an environment where creativity and non-traditional thinking flourish. Our offices are a 1922 historic landmark music store with massive windows on a city neighborhood, a zen garden, and a core belief in sustainability.
We invest in talent.
- Retirement plan
- Heath / dental coverage
- Continuing education and professional development